Proposal 54: 1C.2 Required Events at Unicon [ Revision 5 ]Committee: Main Committee
Submitted on 2019-05-18
Status: Passed on June 02, 2019
Current text is very outdated.
Items in brackets "[ ]" will change their words if pending proposals pass.
Also if the pending change to combine Chapters 2 and 3 passes; those changes should be added here.
1C.2 Required Events at Unicon
Unicon should include at least one event from each of the following event groups. Hosts are free to add events, age groups or variations that do not appear here, as long as there is no conflict with the existing rules. When in doubt contact the IUF Rules Committee.
• Track Racing: the required races from section 2D.5.
• Other Racing: Road, specialty/novelty races; see chapters 3 and 4.
• Team Games: Unicycle Hockey, Unicycle Basketball; see chapters 14 and 15.
• Field events: Long Jump, High Jump, Gliding/Coasting; see chapter 13 and chapter 3.
• Non-competition events: workshops, fun games, sightseeing rides, muni rides.
• Artistic events: Freestyle, Standard Skill, Flatland, Street; see chapters 7, 8, 10, and 11.
• Muni: Cross Country, Orienteering, Uphill, Downhill, Trials; see chapter 5 and chapter 12.
The following events are required at Unicon. Hosts are free to add events or variations that do not appear here, as long as there is no conflict with existing rules. If hosts are unable or unwilling to include any of these events, they must petition the IUF Board according to their Host Agreement and section 1A.1.1.
• Track (Racing & Other events): 100m, 400m, 800m, One Foot, Wheel Walk, and IUF Slalom, coasting, relay (4x100), see chapters 2, and 3.
• Road Racing: at least two races, see specific requirements in chapter 4.
• Muni: Cross Country, Uphill, Downhill, Cyclocross; see chapters 5 and 6.
• Freestyle events: Artistic (Individual, Pairs, Small Group, Large Group), X-Style; see chapters 7, 8, and 9.
• Urban: Flatland, [Slopestyle] Street, Trials, all Jumps events; see chapters 10, 11, 12, 13.
• Team Sports: Unicycle Hockey, Unicycle Basketball; see chapters 14 and 15.
• Non-competition events: workshops, judging training,
Recommended additional events:
• Track (Racing & Other events): Slow Races/Balance [Renaming in progress], Downhill gliding
• Road Racing: a third event
• Team Sports: Unicycle Hockey B Tournament, Unicycle Basketball B Tournament
• Additional novel or experimental events
• Non-competition events: additional workshops, fun games, social events, sightseeing rides, muni rides.
Most of the text is changed and updated.
- Revision 5 changed by Connie Cotter (25 May 18:00)
Added Relay 4x100
- Revision 4 changed by Connie Cotter (21 May 14:48)
Removed reference to 2D.5; added in the events that were listed there.
- Revision 3 changed by Connie Cotter (19 May 10:57)
Listed out the Freestyle Artistic events.
- Revision 2 changed by Connie Cotter (18 May 14:32)
Changed Freestyle to be "All Artistic"
- Revision 1 changed by Connie Cotter (18 May 09:38)
Votes on this proposal:
23 out of 23 voting members have voted.
Agree: 23, Disagree: 0, Abstain: 0.