2D.7 Race configuration has redundant text

This discussion has an associated proposal. View Proposal Details here.

Comments about this discussion:

Started

Section 2D.7 contains these two sentences directly after one another:

No heat of any race shall be composed of both male and female riders without the approval of the Racing Referee.
There will be no mixing of age groups, or males and females, in heats except with permission from the Racing Referee.

I guess this is a mistake. The second sentence also mentions age groups, and is therefore more complete.
I suggest to delete the first sentence.

Comment

It looks like that second sentence can replace the first one.

Comment

I think this duplication came about in 2015 when the structure of the Rlebook was reorganized.

In the old structure of the 2015 Rulebook there were two separate rules:

2.1.1 Male/Female
Racing competition is held in two separate divisions: Male and Female. No heat of any race shall be composed of both male and female riders without the approval of the Racing Referee.

2.10 Mixing Age Groups In Heats
There will be no mixing of age groups, or sexes, in heats except with permission from the Racing Referee.

In the reorganized version of the 2015 Rulebook, these two rules were combined (without changing the text):

2D.7 Race Configuration
Racing competition is held in two separate divisions: Male and Female. No heat of any race shall be composed of both male and female riders without the approval of the Racing Referee.
There will be no mixing of age groups, or sexes, in heats except with permission from the Racing Referee.
Track events must have both a preliminary and final round.

I agree that we should eliminate this duplication.

Comment

Thanks for the background.

Comment

Jan is correct.

Copyright ©

IUF 2018