Fix outdated text in Top Competition Officials definition (Closed for comments)

Comments about this discussion:

Started

Old rule:

Top Competition Officials: Each discipline has a set of authority positions which may include Race or Event Director, (Chief) Referee, Artistic Director and/or Chief Judge. They are not autonomous, and must answer to the Convention Host. For Artistic freestyle, it is highly recommended that none of these jobs be combined, and that there be at least one separate person for each. For other disciplines, combining these roles may be the easy way to organize those events.

This is outdated. Here's a first draft at a new rule:

Top Competition Officials: Each discipline has a set of authority positions which include Discipline Director and Chief Referee/Judge. They are not autonomous, and must answer to the Convention Host. These are two separate roles, however combining these roles may be the easiest way to organize those events.

Comment

For reference, this is under 1A.7.1

Comment

Any other comments?

Comment

I don't really know about these roles.

Comment

Mostly this is just removing a description of artistic roles from chapter 1, and updating the text a bit.

Comment

I would keep the recommendation to not combine Director with Referee/Judge. Having each of those spots both filled always helps, but we can't always have everything, so maybe change "highly recommended" to just recommended. Example:

Top Competition Officials: Each discipline has a set of authority positions which include Discipline Director and Chief Referee/Judge. These positions are not autonomous, and must answer to the Convention Host. These are two separate roles, and while they can be combined, it is recommended to have a separate person for each whenever possible.

Note I also made an edit in that other sentence to add clarity of who is not autonomous.

Comment

Most disciplines at Unicon have someone who fulfills the role of both discipline director and chief judge. I disagree with the recommendation to keep them separate because this is not what happens most of the time.

Copyright ©

IUF 2018